Bringing Clarity to Insider Threat
CHALLENGE: The Wrong Tools for the Job
Employees and contractors have a significant advantage over the organization’s primary security mechanisms (e.g. firewalls, access controls, physical access controls) that are built for the untrusted external attacker and not for the trusted insider. Furthermore, people working for or within the organization are aware of the mechanisms in place and can use this knowledge to circumvent defenses. In order to counter this advantage and realistically address insider threats, organizations need better capabilities in such areas as context-based monitoring, advanced behavior anomaly detection, and link-analysis driven investigation.
SOLUTION: Turn-key Insider Threat Detection and Management Platform
The Securonix solution is built to address these challenges by delivering these capabilities in an out-of-the box solution that does not require a long-term data analytics and discovery project. Using purpose-built data mining, correlation, enrichment, and analytics, the Securonix solution detects not only users with high risk identity profiles but also high-risk activity, access, and events in your organization associated with insider threats. Simply put Securonix produces Insider Risk Intelligence. It does this by mining and analyzing a diverse set of user, system, application, security event, physical access, and even telephone activity to identify abnormal behavior associated with data theft/misuse, fraud, or IT sabotage. Beyond detection, Securonix performs continuous monitoring, scoring, reporting, and advanced investigative capabilities. The solution provides the advanced technology needed for a complete insider threat management program that leverages your existing security programs/investments.
- Purpose-Built Analytics for rapid, consistent and quality analysis across key sources
- Big Data Scale to support real-time data mining and threat detection against large data feeds
- Automated Correlation and Enrichment of identity and threat information across multiple internal and external sources
- Peer Group Analysis of users’ behavior and access against their peers for automated outlier anomaly detection
- Behavior Analysis of users, peer groups, accounts, and systems for signature-less detection of insider threats
- Application & Data Risk Visibility for monitoring insider threats at the targets
- Advanced Scoring & Visualization for effective, efficient, continuous reporting of insider risk and threat levels