Advanced AI Allows Security Analysts to Respond Faster to Cybersecurity Alerts Across Cloud and Hybrid Architectures
Addison TX, August 2, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Securonix, the industry leader in big data security analytics and user entity behavior analytics (UEBA), announces the release of SNYPR Security Analytics version 6.2 with ResponseBot – a new capability designed to relieve the stress on cybersecurity analysts and help them reduce their incident response time by up to 95%.
“We constantly hear that cybersecurity experts are in extremely high demand and organizations do not have enough trained personnel to address the flood of security incidents they face. Furthermore, two-thirds of security professionals claim they are too busy to keep up with skill training and development,” says Tanuj Gulati, CTO and co-founder of Securonix. “Securonix’s ResponseBot is an AI driven suggestion engine that arms junior security analysts with the information and expertise of a highly advanced SOC analyst, enabling them to address complex cybersecurity alerts right away.”
The latest 6.2 release of Securonix Security Analytics Platform includes the following key capabilities that help relieve the strain of thinly stretched security departments.
- Securonix ResponseBot – an AI based response learning and suggestion engine that helps Tier 1 SOC analysts and incident responders resolve complex threats without the need to escalate them to more senior staff. Securonix ResponseBot scans the decisions of security experts including how they addressed security incidents in the past, and used machine learning algorithm to analyze these behaviors.
- Securonix SNYPREye – a sophisticated monitoring utility that ensures all system components, data ingestion and analytical jobs in the SNYPR ecosystem are continuously running and meeting their desired SLAs, allowing the security team to focus more time on cybersecurity instead of keeping an analytics platform running.
- Updated Security Command Center – a set of new filters and widgets that are optimized for Tier 1 analysts by bringing the most pertinent security violations and incidents to the analysts attention, including custom watch lists, policy violation details and user session monitoring information.
- New Privacy Workflow – an automated workflow to request and grant approval to unmask data of a specific user or resource. The new workflow enables compliance with privacy regulations such as GDPR.
- Improved Behavior Profiles – improved views for user and peer behavior profiles to compare actions of a member of the group against the baseline of the peer group.
“In today’s world hiring and retaining experienced security operations personnel is not a sustainable approach when it comes to keeping up with continuously increasing rates of alerts and log data,” said Eric Ogren, senior security analyst at 451 Research. “Our recent Voice of The Enterprise research shows that staffing costs already represents 40% of corporate security budgets, yet 48% of large enterprises still find hiring to be extremely difficult. Artificial intelligence, such as that applied by Securonix ResponseBot, promises to let technology assist security experts in cutting through the noise to efficiently respond to alerts that most impact the business”.
Securonix transforms enterprise security with actionable intelligence. Using a purpose-built security analytics platform Securonix quickly and accurately detects high-risk threats to your organization.
For more information about Securonix visit securonix.com
AquaLab PR for Securonix