Information We Collect and Purpose of Collection
We are the sole owners of the information collected through our Services. We only have access to and/or collect information that you voluntarily provide. We do not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Information Provided to Us
- Contact and Registration Information – e.g. first and last name, email address, mailing address, account name, mobile number to issue accounts for access to our online services or respond to requests (e.g., for marketing materials from our website).
Information Present in Data Uploaded to our Service
- Personal or Confidential Data in Log Files –We do not access information present in logs/files that you upload to the Securonix Cloud service. We provide security, privacy controls, and audit controls to allow you to securely manage your information.
Information We May Collect
- Marketing Data – We (or third-parties acting on our behalf) may collect Information, including Personal Information, when providing the Services and via public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, conference hosts, event companies, and other third-parties. We use the information to send marketing communications, educational materials or information about special offers or upcoming online or offline events, invitations to participate in various promotional activities, webcasts, sweepstakes, usability studies, campaigns, surveys and product tests, and to assess their effectiveness.
- Data From the Service (Usage and Analytics) – We collect and process usage data (e.g., ingest volume, search concurrency, number of unique user logins, apps loaded, operating system, internet protocol address, source type (count), session duration and other use and diagnostic data) (“Usage Data”) in order to enforce licensing, maintain, improve, diagnose, and fix technical issues, monitor security of our environment and to personalize our service. In addition, we collect and process anonymized, aggregated data about a group or category of Services, features or users in order to improve the performance of our Services (“Analytics Data”). For example, Analytics Data may include anonymized Usage Data, information about the server environment (e.g., OS type/version, CPU type/version, database type/version, disk utilization), information about the devices operating the Services (e.g., browser type/version, OS type/version, device type/version), or such other similar information about user configuration or operation of Service features or functionality.
This data includes the following elements of personal information:
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
First and last name
Company name and job title
Credit/debit card and other payment information
Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services or browse our website, such as the following:
Web browser information
Page view statistics
Usage information and click tracking
Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
Cookies and other tracking technologies (see below for more information)
Customer Consent, Options and Obligations
Consent for Collection Required – The collection of private information of prospects, customers, and others with whom Securonix does business, is customary and is permissible via online or offline consent. Securonix does not collect private information from prospects or customers without their knowledge or consent.
Opting Out from Unsolicited Contacts – You have options regarding access, use and disclosure of their Personal Information for marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with anyone without your consent. We will give you an opportunity to choose whether your Personal Data may be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which it was originally collected. To review, correct, or update personal information contact [email protected]. Request are processed as soon as reasonably practicable, consistent with applicable law.
You can Opt-Out of email marketing using the Opt-Out link in our email communications. You may also contact us at the marketing email address above and request that your Personal Information be removed If you do not wish to be contacted through unsolicited direct mail, telemarketing, and related promotions.
Sensitive Information – You agree to not forward or disclose to us any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) or any protected health information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (otherwise known as “HIPAA”) Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, as amended, unless otherwise provided in your written agreements with Securonix.
Requesting, Correcting, and Updating Personal Information – If you wish to verify, correct, update or delete any Personal Information we have collected, you may do so by emailing privacy[email protected]. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be handled within 30 days. Questions regarding this Policy or the information practices of the Company’s Websites should be directed to Chief Privacy Officer by clicking here or by mailing Securonix, Attn: Legal Department, Office of the General Counsel, 14665 Midway Road, Suite 220, Addison, Texas, 75001.
HR Data – HR Data consists of names, titles, contact information, addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, personal, employee, and/or tax identification number(s), job descriptions, performance evaluations, resumes, qualifications, accolades, disciplinary actions, salary histories, pictures/photos, and sensitive data that may relate to an employee’s health or other sensitive matters, such as information pertaining to an employee’s dependents and family members.
Purpose of HR Data Collection – Securonix collects, uses, and processes HR Data only for the following purposes: (1) determining, evaluating, and implementing employment-related actions and obligations; (2) recruiting and hiring job applicants; (3) performing background checks and verifying references; (4) assessing qualifications; (5) designing, evaluating, and administering compensation, benefits, payroll, training, and other human resource programs; (6) development and training programs; (7) monitoring and evaluating employee conduct and performance; (8) implementing security programs and policies; (9) maintaining facility and employee security, health, and safety; (10) maintaining a global directory; (11) other general human resources purposes, including but not limited to team-building; (12) collecting and conducting accounting, auditing, and financial transactions and analyses; (13) collecting and storing information in compliance with contractual and legal obligations; (14) carrying out obligations under employment contracts, and employment, tax, and benefits laws, in connection with working relationships or arrangements; (15) facilitating business communications, negotiations, and transactions, including but not limited to employee communications and employee surveys; (16) fulfilling our business or contractual obligations; (17) managing and operating any Securonix Company(ies) and its/their functions and activities; (18) cooperating with law enforcement and other governmental agencies; and (19) the purposes stated, above.
Email Monitoring – We may randomly monitor any job-related emails sent to and from our employees and other personnel. The information such emails contain (which may include personal data relating to third parties) may be used when investigating incidents. Although we endeavor not to review the contents of personal emails, there may be occasions in which this is necessary, for example, to investigate a breach of security or to investigate a disciplinary matter (but any such review will always be in compliance with applicable law).
Notification – EU employees are notified in detail regarding how their HR Data will be processed and used at the time of their employment. Before using an EU employee’s HR Data for any purpose other than described above, affirmative consent from such employee will be obtained. Such consent may be declined or withdrawn at any time; provided, however, that HR Data will be retained in the manner and for the time-periods required under applicable laws and regulations.
Access/Disclosure – HR Data may be accessed by other employees of Securonix only as necessary for legitimate human resources or business functions or issues. HR Data will be disclosed to third parties only as follows: (1) to customers, vendors, suppliers, and partners as required to facilitate the operations, management, and business of Securonix; (2) to those retained by Securonix as Agents for the purposes set forth in the paragraph above, including but not limited to, professional advisors such as accountants and lawyers, (3) as required pursuant to an applicable law, governmental or judicial order, or regulation, or to protect the rights or property of Securonix, (4) as authorized in writing by the EU employee, and (5) where such Data is voluntarily provided by an EU employee in a context that makes it clear that such information will be provided to a third party.
EU employees may, for legitimate HR purposes, disclose Personal Data about their family members. In this event, such Personal Data shall be treated in accordance with this Policy as though such Data is HR Data.
Transfer – Where HR Data is transferred to the U.S. from the EU in the context of an employment relationship, Securonix will cooperate with investigations by and comply with the advice of the appropriate EU authorities, as applicable.
How We Share Your Information
Securonix may disclose Information to third parties in the following ways:
Affiliates. We may disclose Information to our affiliates subject to these obligations. Securonix Inc. is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may disclose Information to our third-party service providers, vendors, or others who provide services for Securonix’s business operations. This may include such things as infrastructure, data analysis, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, professional services or audit services, among others.
Partners and Resellers. We may disclose Information to third-parties, including our strategic partners and resellers to permit them to assess your interest in the Services, conduct user research and surveys, or send you marketing communications, subject to the terms of their privacy policies.
Compliance and Safety. We may disclose Information as necessary or appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to: comply with legal process or requirements, including applicable notification obligations; respond to requests from public and government authorities (including public and government authorities outside your country of residence); enforce our terms and conditions; and protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates and our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
Merger, Sale, Etc. We may disclose Information in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Securonix business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Other Users. We may disclose Personal Information to other users of the Service in aggregated format, provided it does not include Personal Information. This may include “best practices” tips, performance benchmark data or other such aggregated information useful to the user community. This aggregate information does not identify you, personally.
How We Secure Your Information
- The security of your personal information is important to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Information you provide to us can be legally collected in the country of origin, transmitted to us and maintained or used by us.
- We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at [email protected].
- If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contact Securonix” section below.
- If Securonix learns of a breach of its systems, Securonix may notify you or others consistent with applicable law and as agreed. By using the Services or providing Personal Information to Securonix, you agree that Securonix may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services and the Information.
- While, we always secure all stored data using encryption at rest and secure communication in and out of our Service environment using SSL/TLS encryption, it is your responsibility to ensure that any personal or confidential Information uploaded to the Service is appropriately secured from unauthorized viewing using the security and privacy controls provided within our service, such as role based access controls, data masking, and regular monitoring of the audit logs.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Securonix and our partners for marketing automation, demand marketing and web analytics partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Securonix Also Observes the Following Practices
Use of Services by Minors. The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or those not of the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or Services or on or through any of their features, make any purchases through the Website or Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Sites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected] and we will delete that information immediately.
Cross-Border Transfers. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using any of our Services, you consent to the transfer of Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Information you provide to us can be legally transferred to the United States or another country.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: Securonix, Inc., 14665 Midway Road, Suite 220, Addison, Texas 75001.
Privacy Shield Recourse Mechanism
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of Personal Data. Individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy should first contact Securonix by emailing us at [email protected]
We will respond to any inquiry or complaint within 45 days of receipt.
There are readily available independent recourse mechanisms to investigate and expeditiously resolve disputes and complaints if a timely acknowledgment of a complaint is not received from us, or if we have not resolved a complaint. The proper independent recourse mechanism to use depends upon the type of Personal Data at issue:
Non-HR – Data
With regard to unresolved Privacy Shield Complaints regarding Business Contact Data, Securonix has committed to refer those to the American Arbitration Association (AAA)’s International Centre for Dispute Resolution®/AAA Program (the “ICDR/AAA Program”) at www.icdr.org/privacyshield, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If timely acknowledgment of a complaint is not received from us, or if we have not resolved a complaint, please contact or visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information or to file a complaint.
The services of ICDR/AAA are provided at no cost to you and by reference to the Principals. Damages may be awarded in accordance with applicable law or private-sector initiatives.
Individuals have the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any other Privacy Shield mechanisms. Please visit Annex I for additional information: ANNEX I.
For human resources data of EU residents Securonix has committed to cooperate with the dispute resolution procedures and the panel established by the EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) , and comply with the information and advice provided to it by an informal panel of DPAs in relation to such unresolved complaints (as further described in the Privacy Shield Principles).
Attention: Legal Department-Privacy
14665 Midway Road
Addison, Texas 75001