Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Privacy Matters – Securonix never collects private information that is unnecessary for the provision of information, for the completion of a transaction, or for the delivery of products or services. The use of information collected by us is limited to the purpose of providing the service for which you have engaged Securonix. Securonix is committed to uphold the privacy principles articulated in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (“Privacy Principles”).
Information We Collect and Purpose of Collection
We are the sole owners of the information collected through our Services. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give provide. We do not sell or rent this information to anyone.
Information Provided To Us
- Contact and Registration Information – e.g. first and last name, email address, mailing address, account name, mobile number to issue accounts for access to our online services or respond to requests (e.g., for marketing materials from our website).
Information Present in Data Uploaded to our Service
- Personal or Confidential Data in Log Files – information present in the event logs/files you upload to the Securonix Cloud service. We never access this information. We provide security, privacy controls and audit controls to allow you to securely manage your information.
Information We May Collect
- Marketing Data – We (or third-parties acting on our behalf) may collect your Information, including Personal Information, when providing the Services, we also collect it in a variety of other ways, such as through public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, conference hosts, event companies, and other third-parties. We use the information to send marketing communications, educational materials or information about special offers or upcoming online or offline events, invitations to participate in various promotional activities, webcasts, sweepstakes, usability studies, campaigns, surveys and product tests, and to assess their effectiveness.
- Data From the Service (Usage and Analytics) – We collect and process usage data (e.g., ingest volume, search concurrency, number of unique user logins, apps loaded, operating system, internet protocol address, source type (count), session duration and other use and diagnostic data) (“Usage Data”) in order to enforce licensing, provide, maintain, improve, diagnose, fix technical issues, monitor security of our environment and to personalize our service. In addition, we collect and process anonymized, aggregated data about a group or category of Services, features or users in order to improve the performance of our Services (“Analytics Data”). For example, Analytics Data may include anonymized Usage Data, information about the server environment (e.g., OS type/version, CPU type/version, database type/version, disk utilization), information about the devices operating the Services (e.g., browser type/version, OS type/version, device type/version), or such other similar information about user configuration or operation of Service features or functionality.
The data we may collect includes the following elements of personal information:
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Company name and job title
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Credit/debit card and other payment (e.g. Paypal) information
Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services or browse our website, such as the following:
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information and click tracking
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred)
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (see below for more information)
Customer Consent, Choices, and Obligations
- Consent for Collection Required – The collection of private information on prospects, customers, and others with whom Securonix does business, is customary, expected and done using online or offline consent. However, Securonix does not collect private information from prospects or customers without having obtained their knowledge and consent.
- Opting Out from Unsolicited Contacts – Securonix customers are provided choices regarding your access, use, and disclosure, of their Personal Information for marketing purposes. To review, correct, or update personal information contact [email protected] Be sure to indicate in your request what Information you would like to have changed. We try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable, consistent with applicable law.You can Opt-Out of Email marketing using the Opt-Out link in our Email communications. You may also contact us at the marketing email address above and request that your Personal Information be removed If you do not wish to be contacted through unsolicited direct mail, telemarketing, and related promotions.
- Sensitive Information – You agree to not send us or disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) or any protected health information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (otherwise known as “HIPAA”) Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information, as amended, unless otherwise provided in your written agreements with Securonix.
How We Share Your Information
Securonix may disclose Information to third parties in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may disclose Information to our affiliates subject to these obligations. Securonix Inc. is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used Personal Information.
- Service Providers. We may disclose Information to our third-party service providers, vendors, or others who provide services for Securonix’s business operations. This may include such things as infrastructure, data analysis, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, professional services or audit services, among others.
- Partners and Resellers. We may disclose Information to third-parties, including our strategic partners and resellers to permit them to assess your interest in the Services, conduct user research and surveys, or send you marketing communications, subject to the terms of their privacy policies.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose Information as necessary or appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to: comply with legal process or requirements, including applicable notification obligations; respond to requests from public and government authorities (including public and government authorities outside your country of residence); enforce our terms and conditions; and protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates and our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- Merger, Sale, Etc. We may disclose Information in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Securonix business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Other Users. We may disclose Personal Information to other users of the Service in an aggregated format, provided it does not include Personal Information. This may include “best practices” tips, performance benchmark data or other such aggregated information useful to the user community. This aggregate information does not identify you, personally.
How We Secure Your Information
- The security of your personal information is important to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Information you provide to us can be legally collected in the country of origin, transmitted to us and maintained or used by us.
- We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at [email protected]
- If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contact Securonix” section below.
- If Securonix learns of a breach of its systems, Securonix may notify you or others consistent with applicable law and as agreed. By using the Services or providing Personal Information to Securonix, you agree that Securonix may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services and the Information.
- While we always secure all stored data using encryption at rest and secure communication in and out of our Service environment using SSL/TLS encryption, it is your responsibility to ensure that any personal or confidential Information uploaded to the Service is appropriately secured from unauthorized viewing using the security and privacy controls provided within our service, such as role-based access controls, data masking, and regular monitoring of the audit logs.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Securonix and our partners for marketing automation, demand marketing and web analytics partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Securonix Also Observes the Following Practices
- Use of Services by Minors. The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) or those not of the age of majority in your jurisdiction, and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
- Cross-Border Transfers. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using any of our Services, you consent to the transfer of Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Information you provide to us can be legally transferred to the United States or another country.
Attention: Legal Department
5777 W Century Blvd #370
Los Angeles, CA 90045